Sunday, January 23, 2005

GCF Scape

Ever since I started playing Half-Life2, I have been interested in some how ripping the background music of the game ..I knew Valve had come out with a OST audio Cd for some odd 20 bucks a piece!! I wasnt that crazy enough behind Half-life2 like I was behind Halo and Halo2 ( I actually bought the OST of Halo and Halo2)...After considerable amount of time spent behind this, I finally was able to find a tool (This might not be new to you) called GCF Scape. FYI, Steam users of Half-Life2 should know very well that most of Half-Life contents are stored as GCF files. GCF Scape is a tool that parses through a GCF file and extracts the contents for you. After playing with this tool for some time, I was able to extract all OST tracks of Half-life2. FYI Valve stores these files as mp3 (not a safe way to store these files huh!!)
Picture attached below!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home