Friday, January 14, 2005

A Day at Fogo

Ever heard of Fogo-de-Chao ...sounds portugese to me..but its actually the name of a Brazilian restaurant. Now meat haters and vegetarians dont need to read further as the content of the rest of this blog is so meaty that it might bring a lot of veggy stuff out of your stomach. Its much easier to call it Fogo rather than Fogo-de-Chao. If you are a meat lover you will definitely love this place. Its a steakhouse - the brazilian way. This is my third time to brazilian restaurant and I will have to admit that Fogo is the best. I have been to Texas - de- Brazil before - the price tag is cheaper there but the restaurant sucks. Fogo rocks!! I am not a meat lover, but I dont mind eating variety of meat..

There is something different about Fogo. Fogo's meats are slowly cooked..err...I should say slowly roasted over an open flame..There is no menu available at the restaurant (infact there is one for the wine/dessert section, but none for meat). The pricing is "fixed-price"...When I say fixed price, it can vary during holidays, dinner, lunch etc. Guests at the restaurant can choose any or all of the available meat choices including chicken, beef, lamp, pork...The best attraction is the salad bar which looks so pretty and filling too..Its a Salad buffet, full of fresh cut vegetables, side dishes, variety of salad dressings.

Guests can control the service with a small circular chip with red color on one side and green color on the other. The green color indicates the chefs to serve meat, and the red side indicates them to stop the service. During the course of the meal you can flip the chip between red and green as many times as you want.
With all this said, I really have to thank our CEO for throwing a free lunch for all of us. I will never forget two of my colleagues who were just pouncing on meat rather than talking, while the rest of them where busy eating and talking BS. The lunch almost consumed 3 hours of our afternoon and it really felt like nappy time after the dessert (Chocolate Flan) that I had at the end of the meal. If you ever visit any Brazilian steak house just remember this - "never forget to order your dessert"...
Hmm..I will be waiting for next year's PS Lunch. (PS - stands for Professional Services group)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home